The NHS COVID Pass lets you share your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination records or test COVID-19 status in a secure way.
It allows you to show others the details of your COVID-19 vaccine (or vaccines) when travelling abroad to some countries or territories.
Different ways to get a COVID Pass:
1. Digital version (COVID vaccination status & test results):
Get a digital version using the NHS App or NHS website and download it as a PDF or get it sent in an email.
You can get a digital version by:
Note: You will need an NHS login to use these services. You'll be asked to create one if you do not have an NHS login already
Digital versions are valid, If you have:
- 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (or a single-dose Janssen vaccine) – your pass lasts for 28 days and then automatically renews (check the expiry date before you travel)
- a negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow – it's valid for 48 hours after a negative result
- a positive PCR test – it's valid for 180 days after a positive result
2. Paper version (COVID vaccination status only):
You can get a letter by:
- requesting a COVID Pass letter online - Letter will be sent to you in the post & does not have an expiry date
- calling 119 – do not call 119 if you're travelling in more than 4 weeks' time
Note: You do not need to be registered with a GP surgery or have an NHS login, to request an COVID Pass letter
To get more information on COVID Pass and Status, click here